Who are we?
SPEC is the retreat centre for young Catholics in the Diocese of Westminster. It stands for ‘Spiritual and Personal Encounter with Christ’ and that is what we aim to deliver. We offer a unique opportunity for children and young people to reflect and experience the presence of God in their lives. In great demand since COVID-19, our tranquil setting allows retreatants to escape the stress of lockdown life and find peace.
Why choose SPEC?
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented disruption in the lives of children and young people and the impact on their mental health has been enormous. We provide a safe and nurturing environment in which students can reflect, away from the hustle and bustle of school life. Our young retreat leaders are relatable to the retreatants and can offer inspiring testimonies of their faith journeys that can be of real benefit to young people investigating their faith.
What do we offer?
- All-new retreat programmes, differentiated by year group (Years 5-13) for residential and day retreats.
- Full-board accommodation in our residential complex with ensuite rooms and dormitories. Our commercial kitchen has full capacity for dietary requirements.
- Seven acres of grounds and woodlands, including a football pitch and a campfire.
- On-site chapel, containing a relic of St. Thomas Beckett.
- Fully COVID-compliant and risk-assessed.
Where are we?
We are well-connected with excellent transport links via the Metropolitan Line (Pinner) and the Overground (Hatch End). We also have two car parks with ample space for coaches.
How to book?
To book or for more information, please contact us by telephone, email or online.
POST COVID DEMAND IS HIGH. To avoid disappointment, please book your space now at: 0203 757 2500, email@example.com or here >