- Age Range
- Below 14
- Number of Participants
- 20-30 minutes
A fun, outdoor activity, Nature Art involves young people creating images using the bits of nature they find on the ground. This is a great activity for getting young people interacting with, and appreciating, God’s creation.
Supplies you’ll need
How to lead Nature Art
- First you will need to bring your group to a park or field where they can get their resources.
- Split your group into small groups of up to seven people.
- Explain that in this activity they will need to create the best art work using the natural materials around them.
- Due to us not wanting to damage the local habitat, give them the additional challenge that they can only use dead material e.g. fallen sticks, stones, leaves etc.
- You may like to set them a theme that their natural art centres around; two things we find works well are animals and bible stories.
- Once you have explained the rules, give them 20-30 minutes to go hunt for resources and make their artwork.
- After they have finished, celebrate each of the art pieces and, if you’re having a winning team, make your decision.
- Once you have finished the activity, you may like to end the session with a prayer reflection about God’s presence in nature.