1. Selfie with the Pope in the background. I’m just saying – one of the reasons I’m going.
2. Forget being part of a crowd of 50 people at a party. Forget being a part of 200 people at a concert… There will be over 2,000,000 people there. Two MILLION Catholics at this ONE event. We’re the largest denomination of the largest religion on the planet people… Woohoo Catholic party!
3. Tube trains. Whaaaa? Ever been packed onto a tube train with so many Catholics that you literally cannot move… like, at all? Then imagine the whole train laughing and singing and you’re in a World Youth Day moment.
4. French, Brazilians, Texans, Mexicans, Germans, Burmese, Swiss, Jamaican, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Zimbabwean… You name the culture they’ve got the crowd; and they are LOUD, oh my, they are loud; and fun to be around.
5. The best relationship! If you’ve ever met Jesus, you’ll know he’s a dude. He’s THE dude. So many people that are going have a real love of Jesus; have actually talked to him – and have a real relationship with Him.
6. Polish food.
7. Two of my friends met their future spouses at World Youth Day. Totally better than a selfie.
8. The next time World Youth Day is back in Europe will probably be 5+ years from now; you might not still be young and able to enjoy it.
9. It’s waaaaay cheaper than ridiculous alcohol-fuelled holidays in dodgy neighbourhoods.
10. It’s in KRAKOW man! Salt mines of Wieliczka… Wawel Castle, Stary Miasto… I mean come on.
11. I’m going.