The buildings at Waxwell date back to the end of the 16th Century when what we call the ‘Tudor building’ was constructed.
An extension was added in Victorian times, built in a sympathetic style and which we call, perhaps obviously, the ‘Victorian building’.
In 1947 Waxwell was purchased as a gift for the Grail Society. The chapel and accommodation – the ’50s building’ – were added in 1957 and the ’round building’ (currently derelict) in 1963.
Waxwell Farm was purchased by the Diocese of Westminster in 2010 and became SPEC’s new home in March 2014.