- Age Range
- Number of Participants
- 5-10 minutes
A base is decided and young people must run away and hid. They must then try and get back to base a quick as possible without getting caught. This game is great for outdoor fun.
5 minutes per round
Supplies you’ll need:
How to lead Back to Base:
- Gather your group together and explain that the next activity is called ‘back to base’.
- Explain that in this challenge they will first have 20 second to run and hide before they must then try and be the quickest back to base.
- Allocate a base for the activity. It can be anything from a wall to a cone. We suggest a tree as a good standard, as it is easily visible and approachable from all sides.
- Explain that stopping them from getting back to base will be one of them who will be the first catcher.
- The first catcher job is to stop people getting back to base by tapping them and saying ‘caught’, ‘tag’ or something similar.
- When someone is caught by a catcher, that person joins the catchers in their task to catch the rest of the group.
- Young people win a round of back to base if they manage to reach the base and shout ‘safe’, before being caught. You may also like to have a special price for the first back each round but this is of course optional.
- If everyone is caught the victor is the first catcher.
- Once one round is over you can repeat as many times as you like, choosing a different person to be the first catcher every time.